Bringing you a laid back gaming experience since 1977.

New website

Please go to averagejoes.clanteam.com. This blog will no longer be updated or used by us.

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Minecraft update.

Hello, if you've been on our MineCraft Server recently then you may have noticed everything is gone, new map, that's...well untouched, as far as I know anyway. This is because I decided to restart the map due to increased lag, us thinking is was the map size, a whopping 30.51mb. Only to find out that it's notch's fault because of this bug fix *Increased Chunk Saving Frequency*, now this maybe a good fix but our server provider cannot handle the amount of I/O that this bug fix causes and the lag is horrendous.

Anyway the reason there is nothing builld on our server yet is because you can't see it. It's on the floor of the map. On the 2nd I started building an underground RP city called Utopia. And I should be done by now, but due to the huge amount of lag I'm nowhere near, I set a goal of Friday the 10th but it doesn't look like it will be finished by then unless Notch fixes this bug.

Also we have put in some new plugins. Here is the list:
Class Chooser - Choose from the huge list of classes, all with jobs, kits and perks.
Cuboid
Dala Jail - For those who break the law/rules.
Dala Set Group
Magic Tricks
Magic Spells
Magic Carpet - This is coming off when I finish building.
iConomy - Currency, buying, selling and barter system.

Also I may add achievements to the server.

That's it for now, check back for new updates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Photography Templates | Slideshow Software